Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Out of the mouth of babes

For my last blog of 2011 I thought I would write a few stories of my children.  One thing I appreciate about my family is that we laugh often and what they say and do contributes to most of our laughs :P

The other day at the dinner table Anna infoms us that she is in control of everything.  Hmm, sounds like there is no doubt that she is my child!  Hopefully she will learn soon that you are never in control to begin with (although I doubt it since I still try to control things)

While we were eating Christmas dinner Anna tried to cut her turkey.  She worked really hard but didn't get far.  My grandma said something to the effect that she had put a lot of labor into doing that.  Anna looks puzzled and replies "There are no pregnant women here so there isn't any labor".  We died laughing and she rolls her eyes and says "Mom, are you going to blog about that".  Oh my dear!

Tonight I learned that there are planets named Plato, Earthquake, and Marsupial.

Poppy A. taught Matthew how to go down stairs.  He learned in one day.  We do laugh at him because he will start backing up even if he is going the wrong way for the stairs.  I also found today that he has learned that it is much quicker to slide down the stairs than go one by one :P

He is a stinker and when brushing his teeth he gets an impish glimmer in his eyes and turns his tootbrush around.  He starts laughing and then will turn it around when you look at him.

He has learned to wave.  He is really into jumping lately and will "jump" by himself.  He also loves to pretend drive.  Sometimes he will even make noises while driving.  He has figured out that you need to grab the shifter.  Watch out world!  He has suprised us by showing us where our eyes are when asked at times.  He loves eyes and mouths! 

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Anna cracks me up and I can't believe Matthew is so big!

    Can't wait for you to be back! Hope you had an awesome Christmas!

    ReplyDelete