Monday, December 5, 2011

The queen of hearts

Tomorrow morning Anna has an appointment with a pediatric cardiologist.  I struggle to know what feelings to have about this appointment.  Since Anna was an infant she has had a heart murmur.  Our wonderful ped. then had asked us to go get it checked out but we declined at that time.  What was interesting was that it seemingly went away for a bit.  Obviously it did come back later on.  We have never been too worried about it and it really hasn't been a big deal.  At this last check-up for Anna, our pediatrician informed me that she would really like us to get it checked out as it had changed.  When she first told us that I was like, sure but I'm not worried.  Then after a week and some jingle of thinking about it my mind has convinced me that a part of me is a little concerned.  I think I wasn't really too anxious about things until I sat down with Anna to talk about what was going to happen.  She was very open about her feelings and wanted to know what was going to happen.  My mom explained to her some of the procedures that may happen and that helped.  When I ask her about her feelings now her answer is "I'm a little scared but I know Jesus is with me".  I think I'm sometimes plagued with guilt that I have two healthy children when so many of my friend's kids have had serious health problems this year.  What if it has finally come to us?  On top of being told that Anna's heart murmur has changed we were also told that Matthew has the same thing.  Apparently it isn't common at all for siblings to both have a heart murmur.  I know that God is in control.  I know that there is a 99.99999% chance that everything is perfectly fine.  My uncle has a heart murmur that he has had since infancy and he is perfectly fine (at least that I know of).  I will stand strong that things will be fine and take it that this is a new adventure (hopefully short lived and just the 2-4 hours that we have to be at the appointment :P).  Hopefully we can make some's day at the appointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment