Friday, March 2, 2012

Get Your Argue On

There are times that I thrive on arguing.  Growing up I was famous for taking an opposite side just for the sake of arguing.  I might not even agree with what I was arguing for, but I still did it.  Now that I'm older, I do dig in my heels and stand firm when I believe I am right.  I hate that feeling of losing an argument or running out of comebacks (which rarely happens:P).  Even after the arguement or disagreement, I will mull over what is said and think of different ways I should have said things or a better defensive of my position.  I will literally stay up at night thinking of these things.  One of the hardest things for me is letting go of an argument/disagreement especially in the middle of one.  Thankfully, I have a husband who will observe, then step in and tell me that it isn't worth it and stop me from continuing.  He may totally agree with me or even tell me his comment back, but still he encourages me to just let it go.   Usually I give him a nasty look and try to rebel, but in the end I know he is right.

My daughter is quite the little arguer herself.  I have a way of dropping in maturity and arguing with her when we are in disagreement.  I have even lowered myself so much that I stuck my tongue out at her.  Yes, I am the mother and I did such actions.  Oh dear...

Hopefully one of these days I will resist the temptation to even open my mouth or allow my hands to type when I see an argument brewing.  It isn't worth it and most of the time you will not change the other person's mind.

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh! Isn't it awesome how God puts us with people who will balance us out!

    I think sometimes arguments are needed and healthy in all relationships. It's just how you go about them. Of course the most important thing is knowing when a topic/situation is worthy of one. I'm pretty sure all of us have had arguments over something we shouldn't have though. Well anyways I have. lol

    ReplyDelete